“I have worked with the head of engineering at Alpha Centauri LLC on several high profile projects most notably the Airbus A350 fan cowl, which is a large composite laminate. We were having issues with the cured part not meeting the engineering model. Robert, who was already the guru of all things composites was asked to get involved. It took him one attempt at a re-design and the parts finally started passing QA final inspection. Prior to his involvement, all the parts were scraped. I would highly recommend Alpha Centauri LLC because engineering is run by one of the gems of the composite laminate industry”
“I have worked with Lucy on many occasions, and her attention to detail and common sense approach to improving processes make her stand out as one of the best. Rather than take a “cookie cutter” approach, she really takes time to analyze the process and to customize an improvement plan that takes into account the company culture and level of workforce training. I would recommend Alpha Centauri LLC to anyone that wants real, lasting improvements and quantifiable savings.”
“Robert was hired to help streamline our composite manufacturing process where we use Virtek overhead laser projection. Our issue was that we had over 30 manufacturing cells and each had a set of laser programs. We were constantly running into issues with outdated programs. Robert worked with Virtek and found a way to network all 30 systems to a common location. All I know is that the solution implemented was assertive, simple, and final. We never had a problem building with out-of-date laser programs. Couldn’t be happier with his work”
“We hired Alpha Centauri to support our past due recovery efforts by performing a capacity assessment and master planning review. Alpha Centauri did a great job not only at creating the capacity plan and master planning analysis, but also by training our staff members on the process. Alpha Centauri’s work was instrumental in getting a robust past due recovery plan in place for execution. We recommend Alpha Centauri’s services to any company with a need of a practical and assertive approach to operations management consulting.”
“Alpha Centauri’s staff trained a few engineers on how to use FiberSim. Robert, did such a good job we amended the PO to have him also perform manufacturing design work on our large complex composite honeycomb panels, and he did a fantastic job. I would highly recommend his services to anyone who is on a tight schedule and only has time to get it right the first time.”
- Created innovative in-house fabrication strategy for composite laminate tooling. This replaced outside sourcing and resulted in $250k in savings.
- Developed and implemented new manufacturing process for ill-fated high temp composite project. This saved $300k in part scrap and placed the project back into a success path.
- Led and implemented a 175K sqft composite lamination factory build up. Planned, purchased, installed all primary lamination equipment under budget and ahead of schedule.
- Commercial aircraft engine fan cowl re-design for manufacturing resuted in $2M savings.
- Programs supported: F18, F35, B52, C17, A350, A320, 787, GTF, G500, Virgin Orbit’s Launcher One.